In this Agreement the following terms must have the following meanings:
- “Agreement” means the Agreement (Application Form together with these Terms and Conditions) made between ALGEBRA and the Client in relation to the Participant’s place on the ABC BootCamps program;
- “Business Day” means a day on which banks are open for general business in Croatia (other than a Saturday or Sunday);
- “Client” means the entity responsible for the ABC BootCamps program Fee for the Participant who should be named as “the invoice” in an event that the Participant is not the invoice˝
- “Commencement Date” means the date on which the ABC BootCamps program is due to commence.
- “Default Rate” means the rate of 10% per annum;
- “Algebra” means University of Algebra, Gradišćanska 24, Zagreb, OIB: 14575159920, located in Croatia, EU.
- “the Hosting Country” means the country in which the ABC BootCamps program is carried out;
- “the Participant” means the individual who has applied to participate on the ABC BootCamps program and Algebra has agreed to admit onto the ABC BootCamps program;
- “the ABC BootCamps program” means the ABC BootCamps program at ALGEBRA which the Participant is to attend;
- “ABC BootCamps Tuition Fee” means the fee payable by the Client to ALGEBRA in relation to the Participant’s place onto the ABC BootCamps program;
- “Admission Fee” means the fee payable by the Client to ALGEBRA in relation to the Participant’s acceptance onto the ABC BootCamps program; and
- “Session” means an iteration of the ABC BootCamps program;
2. The Agreement
1. These are the terms and conditions on which ALGEBRA must deliver the ABC BootCamps program onto which ALGEBRA has admitted the Participant. The Agreement does relate to all the travel and social activities which are organized by ALGEBRA and are considered as a part of the ABC BootCamps program.
2. The Agreement must come into being when ALGEBRA sends the Client confirmation that the Participant has been accepted onto the ABC BootCamps program.
3. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and ALGEBRA and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the Client and ALGEBRA, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter, including but not limited to other similar information that may appear on ALGEBRA’s webpages.
4. The participant acknowledges and agrees that all kinds of information in oral form does not oblige ALGEBRA more than its statements in the ABC BootCamps program of offers in written form. In case of doubt, the following is always considered valid: written offer, written information and written explanation.
3. Amendments to the ABC BootCamps program
ALGEBRA will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the ABC BootCamps program as described in the brochure and on ABC BootCamps website. However, ALGEBRA must manage its resources efficiently and must be entitled:
- to alter the timetable, location, number of classes and method of delivery of the ABC BootCamps program
- to make reasonable variations to the content and syllabus of the ABC BootCamps program.
ALGEBRA will make available to the Participant such learning support, IT and other facilities it considers appropriate, but may vary what it provides from time to time provided such variations are reasonable.
1. The Client will pay the Admission Fee within eight (8) days of invoice date.
2. The Client agrees that the place in the ABC BootCamps program for the Participant will only be secured after the Admission Fee is paid.
3. The Client will pay the ABC BootCamps Tuition Fee within fifteen (15) days of invoice date or one (1) month before the Commencement Date, whichever is earliest.
4. The Client will pay the Admission Fee and the ABC BootCamps Tuition Fee in the official currency of the European Union or equivalent amount of the currency of the Hosting Country calculated by the middle exchange rate. No other currency will be accepted.
5. If in accordance with any relevant foreign legislation, any income tax, value added tax, or any other tax, levy, duty, charge, assessment or fee of any nature is required to be or is deducted or withheld from any payment of the Admission Fee and the ABC BootCamps program Fee hereunder made by the Client under this Agreement, the amount of the fee payable by the Client hereunder must be increased to an amount, which after making such deduction or withholding leaves an amount of the fee unchanged in comparison to the payment which would have been due if no such deduction or withholding been required.
6. If ALGEBRA accepts a Participant onto the ABC BootCamps program, ALGEBRA will send an email with the notification of acceptance and an invoice for the Admission Fee, payment for which should be received by the deadline specified in Article 4.1. Details of how to pay the Admission Fee will be included in the invoice. The Admission Fee is non-refundable, and it will be deducted from your ABC BootCamps program Fee. In case of non-payment or delayed payment of the Admission Fee, ALGEBRA has the right to cancel the confirmation and withdraw the Participant from the ABC BootCamps program.
7. After the payment of the Admission Fee the Participant will receive The Letter of Acceptance with the invoice for the ABC BootCamps program Fee, payment for which should be received by the deadline specified in Article 4.2. Details of how to pay the ABC BootCamps program Fee will be included in the invoice.
8. In an event that the Participant decides to apply for the offered Breakfast package as well as for any other package offered by ALGEBRA, costs of packages will be added to the ABC BootCamps program Fee invoice. The Participant explicitly agrees and acknowledges that the packages are not refundable.
9. In an event of the preliminary agreement between the Client and ALGEBRA, payment in installments is possible
5. The Participant’s Obligations
The Participant must:
1. Understand that is solely responsible for having sufficient English language skills to be able to understand and follow the courses. The Client understands and agrees that no refund can be claimed if the Participant is unable to understand, complete or pass the course examination because of the Participants limited English skills.
2. Provide ALGEBRA with personal information that is exactly the same as personal information on the Participant’s legal document (passport), which is carried with the Participant during the ABC BootCamps program. If the Participant provides wrong information and that this causes delay, extra expenses or ending of the ABC BootCamps program, the Participant is solely and personally responsible for incurred costs to other participants of the ABC BootCamps program, if they are incurred to the other participants. The Participant will completely reimburse ALGEBRA for all costs related to and incurred by that event.
3. Provide the ABC BootCamps program Director with crucial medical information (chronical illness, allergies etc.) and other information that are vital for the Participants well-being.
4. Behave with honesty and integrity at all times and show courtesy, consideration and respect for others.
5. Acknowledge and agree that is personally obliged to respect the house rules of the accommodation and classrooms of lectures. The Participant also agrees to cooperate in good faith with the representative from ALGEBRA.
6. If the participant does not fulfill the obligations, the Participant is solely held responsible for any damages the participant sustains in such circumstances.
7. If the Participant does not comply with the stipulation from the paragraphs of article, the ABC BootCamps program Director has a right to remove the participant from the continuing ABC BootCamps program without compensation for any costs.
8. Acknowledge and agree that each Participant has to make arrangements with his home institution on his or her own in order to be granted for credit (ECTS credits) for the passing of the ABC BootCamps program. ALGEBRA provides all the necessary documents that each participant needs in order to pass the ABC BootCamps program.
9. ALGEBRA provides all the necessary documents that each participant needs in order for the ABC BootCamps program to be recognized with ECTS credits;
10. Participate in all lectures and visitations planned by ALGEBRA, attendance will be taken and students not attending 95% of all lectures/ seminars/ workshops/ corporate visits will not receive the Certificate of Completion.
11. Complete all assigned readings and case work as assigned by professors.
12. Participate in all other events related to the ABC BootCamps program.
13. Arrive on-time for all lectures and visitations as scheduled by ALGEBRA;
14. Telephone ALGEBRA ABC BootCamps program Director if unable to attend any class, lecture, tutorial, examination or other activity forming part of the ABC BootCamps program because of sickness or injury;
15. Never be detached from the group during the course of a ABC BootCamps program, if such an event occurs the Participant will accept responsibility to seek out a contact and reach the group at its next available destination;
16. Be aware that in an event of alienation from the group, the Participant will bear all the costs that may incur in an attempt to rejoin the group.
17. When help from ALGEBRA is required and costs arise, the Participant is solely responsible to reimburse ALGEBRA of all the related costs;
18. Be adequately prepared for any activity that the Participant is required to undertake as part of the ABC BootCamps program outside ALGEBRA;
19. Respect the confidentiality of all confidential information that the Participant acquires during the course of his or her participation in the ABC BootCamps program;
20. Comply with all other relevant rules and regulations of ALGEBRA, that are stated in annexes to this terms and conditions and as amended from time to time;
21. Consent to ALGEBRA taking photos or videos of the Participants while they participate in ABC BootCamps program activities, and using such photos or video footage for promotional purpose;
22. Not make any unauthorized visual and/or audio recordings of lecture and other learning and teaching activities by students participating in the ABC BootCamps program (and any such recordings may be destroyed)
6. Transportation during the program
1.The Participant acknowledges that ALGEBRA strongly recommends against renting motor vehicles, such as motorcycles, mopeds, cars and all other motorized vehicles. ALGEBRA recommends the use of public transport, such as metro, streetcar and taxi.
2. In an event that the Participant decides to operate a motorized vehicle, ALGEBRA has no responsibility for the safety of the Participant and for costs that may incur in event of an accident. The Participant must be aware that is acting on his/her own risk and that additional insurance might be required.
1. The Client may transfer the Participant from the ABC BootCamps program scheduled to start on the Commencement Date to a later session of the ABC BootCamps program or another ALGEBRA ABC BootCamps program taking place during the twelve (12) months after the Commencement Date provided the Client notifies ALGEBRA in writing of its wish to do so more than 42 days before the Commencement Date.
2. If written notice of transfer is received by ALGEBRA 42 days or less before the Commencement Date the Client must pay ALGEBRA (in addition to the ABC BootCamps program Fee) a transfer fee which must be a sum equal to a specified percentage of the ABC BootCamps program Fee, as follows:
2.1.. the Client has already paid ALGEBRA the ABC BootCamps program Fee;
2.2. there are unfilled places on the Session of the ABC BootCamps program or the ABC BootCamps program to which the Participant wishes to transfer; and
2.3. the Client confirms the alternative Session of the ABC BootCamps program or ABC BootCamps program the Participant is to transfer to within two (2) weeks of when they request a transfer. Failure to make such a confirmation will result in the Cancellation Policy in this Agreement applying
2.4. The transfer fees referred to in paragraph above must be paid on the Client’s receipt of ALGEBRA’s invoice.
3. If ALGEBRA increases the ABC BootCamps program fee before the start of the Session of the ABC BootCamps program or the ABC BootCamps program to which the Participant transfers, the Client will pay ALGEBRA the amount of the increase before the Session of the ABC BootCamps program, or the ABC BootCamps program to which the Participant transfers, commences.
4. If the Client transfers to a Session of ABC BootCamps program or a ABC BootCamps program of a different price, the Client must pay the difference or ALGEBRA will refund the difference as appropriate.
5. The Client may not make a transfer pursuant to this paragraph more than once.
6. When the Client makes a transfer pursuant to this paragraph 7 and later cancels the Agreement, the Client must be liable to pay ALGEBRA a cancellation fee equal to a percentage of the ABC BootCamps program Fee for the ABC BootCamps program, the Client intended for the Participant to attend before the transfer, as set out in the Article
Were the Client is not the Participant, the Client may request that ALGEBRA accept an alternative individual to attend the ABC BootCamps program not less than 30 days before the Commencement Date. The proposed substitute must then be subject to the same selection process as the original candidate.
If the Client fails to pay any sum due under this Agreement on the due date for payment, ALGEBRA may charge interest at the Default Rate on the amount from time to time outstanding from the due date up to the date of actual payment, after as well as before judgment. The interest payable in respect of any calendar month (or any part thereof) must be calculated by reference to the Default Rate on the last Business Day of that calendar month. Interest must be compounded quarterly. Any interest payable by the Client pursuant to this clause must be payable within five Business Days after ALGEBRA’s written demand.
10. Cancellation by ALGEBRA
1. ALGEBRA may cancel the Agreement by giving the Client notice in writing not less than 30 days before the Commencement Date. If ALGEBRA cancels the Agreement, it must refund any fees already paid by the Client in connection with the ABC BootCamps program. ALGEBRA will not accept liability for any costs or losses incurred by the Client or the Participant which are claimed to have arisen through cancellation of the ABC BootCamps program and the Client.
2. ALGEBRA may cancel the Agreement at any time if:
2.1. the Client fails to pay any sum owing to ALGEBRA under this Agreement or in connection with the ABC BootCamps program by the due date for payment;
2.2. the Client commits a serious breach of this Agreement;
2.3. (in the event the Client is not the Participant) the Participant commits a serious breach of the terms accepted in their application form for a place on the ABC BootCamps program.
11. Cancellation by the Client
1. The Client may cancel the Agreement by giving ALGEBRA written notice of cancellation at any time.
2. The Client may cancel the Agreement at no cost, provided the Client notifies ALGEBRA in writing of its wish to do so more than 120 days before the Commencement Date. Any fees already paid by the Client to ALGEBRA must be refunded by ALGEBRA.
3. Where the Client is the Participant, the Client may cancel the Agreement as addressed by clause 10.2 of the Agreement
4. Subject to clause 10.2, if ALGEBRA receives the Client’s notification of cancellation of Agreement 120 days or less before the Commencement Date, the Client must be liable to pay ALGEBRA a cancellation fee equal to a percentage of the ABC BootCamps program Fee as set out in the table below (“Cancellation Fee”):
5. Number of days between (a) the date on which ALGEBRA receives written notification of the cancellation from the Client; and (b) the Commencement Date
Cancellation Fee payable by the Client:
30 days or less 100% of ABC BootCamps program Fee
31 – 60 days 60% of ABC BootCamps program Fee
61 – 90 days 45% of ABC BootCamps program Fee
91 – 120 days 30% of ABC BootCamps program Fee
6. To cancel a place, the Client should notify ALGEBRA in writing, by emailing ALGEBRA’s ABC BootCamps program Director as provided on the ABC BootCamps program webpage.
7. There must be no refund of the ABC BootCamps program Fee if the Participant withdraws from the ABC BootCamps program at any stage after the Commencement Date.
12. Effect of Cancellation
1. When either party cancels the Agreement:
2. ALGEBRA must be entitled to require the Participant to stop studying on the ABC BootCamps program and to leave Host location premises immediately; and the Participant must immediately return to ALGEBRA the identification issued to the Participant on enrolment and all other property in the Participant’s possession, custody or control that belongs to ALGEBRA.
3. The Client must procure that the Participant complies with this paragraph.
13. Force Majeure
1. ALGEBRA may cancel the ABC BootCamps program at any stage due to causes beyond its reasonable control. Such events must include, but not be limited to fire, flood, industrial disputes, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, acts of government (including any sanctions or restrictions of the UK, EU, US or any other government which may prevent or restrict ALGEBRA from providing any services or make it unlawful for ALGEBRA to provide any services or cause (in the ALGEBRA’s sole opinion) the provision of such services to be prejudicial to the business interests of ALGEBRA), epidemics, and acts of God. In such instances ALGEBRA will promptly notify the Client and the Participant. ALGEBRA will then work towards rescheduling the Participant’s attendance so that they may attend the next possible Session of the ABC BootCamps program.
2. The Client must procure that the Participant complies with this paragraph
ALGEBRA cannot accept responsibility and expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage to the Client’s property or the Participant’s property that occurs whilst the Participant is on the ABC BootCamps program. The Participant should take particular care not to leave mobile phones or laptops unattended at any time.
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between the Client and ALGEBRA must be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Croatia and ALGEBRA and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Croatia
1. Any demand or notice to be served upon the Client by hand or sent by pre-paid first class post to the address stated on the Application Form or in the event the Client is not the Participant the Sponsoring Participant Form. Any demand or notice to be served upon ALGEBRA must be delivered by hand or sent by pre-paid first-class post to ALGEBRA Office. Any demand or notice delivered by hand must be deemed to have been received at the time the notice is left at the proper address. Any demand or notice sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service must be deemed to have been received at the opening of business on the second Business Day following the day on which it was posted, unless sent by international mail in which it events it must be deemed to have been received at the opening of business on the third Business Day following the day on which it was posted.
2. This article does not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action or, where applicable, any arbitration or other method of dispute resolution.
17. Data Protection
1. ALGEBRA is obliged to protect all data provided by the Client and the Participant in accordance with REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
2. Information regarding data controller (ALGEBRA) and causes for which data will be used:
3. Controller of the provided data is ALGEBRA,University of Algebra, Gradišćanska 24, Zagreb, OIB: 14575159920
4. The joint processing manager is Algebra Group which includes Algebra doo, Maksimirska 58a, Zagreb, OIB: 24919984448, Algebra Public Open University, Maksimirska 58a, Zagreb, OIB: 75935351143 and University of Algebra, Gradišćanska 24, Zagreb, OIB: 14575159920, and each is individually a leading educator in his narrow field. More information about each center can be found at this link: https://www.algebra.hr/o-algebri/.
5. The Joint Processing Officers also appointed a Joint Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is available at email@example.com Controller of Provided data are used for student identification, optimization of ABC BootCamps programs and future marketing of ALGEBRA’s ABC BootCamps program;
6. Legal basis for the collection of the data are these terms and conditions.
7. Recipient of the personal data is Algebra, in an event, that the Participant wants to receive ECTS credits after the successful conclusion of the ABC BootCamps program;
8. Recipients of some personal data are also corporations that are visited during the ABC BootCamps program, guest speakers and professors on the ABC BootCamps program and accommodation providers (Ryerson University, Toronto in San Jose State University, San Jose). Data that are shared with recipients from this paragraph are name and family name of the Participant;
9. ALGEBRA will store collected data for the duration of the ABC BootCamps program. After the conclusion of the ABC BootCamps program data will be deleted or stored for additional teen (10) years in an event, that former Participant will be joining the Alumni Club from Article 19 of this Terms and Conditions, in such an event the Participant will be asked for an additional consent for his/her data to be stored for an additional period of time;
10. ALGEBRA will store data collected from subjects that applied for a newsletter at ALGEBRA’s website (data such as name, family name and email address) for the duration of 2 years, this data is used for email marketing purposes only. This data will not be shared with other parties;
11. The Participant holds the right to request from ALGEBRA access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the Participant as well as the right to data portability;
12. The Participant holds the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
13. Collection of the personal data is a requirement necessary to enter into an agreement between the Participant and ALGEBRA. The Participant must provide the data in order to enter into an agreement, in an event of a failure to provide such data, the agreement will be unable to be entered into.
14. The Participant holds the right to obtain information from ALGEBRA on the data that are obtained and processed by ALGEBRA on the Participant. Data such as causes of the processing and categories of the personal data obtained.
15. The Participant holds the right to obtain from ALGEBRA without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning the Participant. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the Participant must have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
16. The Participant holds the right to obtain from ALGEBRA the erasure of personal data concerning the Participant without undue delay.
18. Social events
1. ALGEBRA’s ABC BootCamps program may contain alcohol-related cultural events, the Participant must be aware that those events are not compulsory.
2. ALGEBRA instructs that the Participant only consumes alcohol within his or her personal limitations. The participant must not do any acts that will negatively affect the prestige and reputation of the Participants home university, ALGEBRA’s ABC BootCamps programs or the hosting university and any other person or institution related to the ABC BootCamps program.
3. In regard to the aforementioned article the Participant will be responsible for any injuries or property damage arising in relation to his or her participation in the event.
4. Alcohol is allowed only on the social events that are organized by ALGEBRA and that are monitored by ALGEBRA.
5. Drugs are strictly prohibited, this provision of the Terms and Conditions is strictly enforced. Violation of any kind may result in immediate cancelation of the Agreement and the Participant will be forced to leave the ABC BootCamps program.
6. The Client must procure that the Participant complies with paragraph above.
19. Alumni Club
1. ALGEBRA is forming an Alumni Club. The Participants that complete the ABC BootCamps program will be asked for consent to use their data in order to join the Club.
2. The Alumni Club is subject to separate Terms and Conditions.
20. Travel, Health and Insurance
1. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that is responsible to purchase airline tickets by himself or herself in order to arrive and depart the Hosting Country, where the ABC BootCamps program is being performed. The Participant also bears all the costs of obtaining new airline tickets in case that the Participant is unable to attend the flight, for any given reason.
2. The Participant understands and acknowledges that there are some health risks associated with traveling abroad, therefore the Participant is personally responsible for obtaining all health information, instructions, consultations, and medical procedures. The Participant also acknowledges that ALGEBRA is not responsible for any of his or her medical needs.
3. The Participant hereby authorizes ALGEBRA to place him or her at their discretion in a hospital or in the care of a local doctor for medical services and treatment, as they think fits the current problem. If necessary or recommended by a doctor.
4. The Participant authorizes ALGEBRA to transport him or her back to his or her home country by commercial airline or otherwise for medical treatment.
5. The participant acknowledges and agrees that will be fully and solely responsible for any and all expenses, including transportation costs, treatment costs, and medical staff costs, associated with any kind of necessary medical care. The Participant will indemnify ALGEBRA for all costs incurred to ALGEBRA that should arise from medical treatments.
6. The participant is required to obtain health and accident insurance in accordance with the laws of the Hosting Country to provide suitable coverage for any accidents, injuries, or illness that the Participant may sustain or experience while participating in the ABC BootCamps program. The insurance must also cover potential transport of the Participant to the Home Country.
7. The participant acknowledges and agrees that in an event that the provision of the article 17.6 is breached by the Participant, article 17.5 will come into force.
8.The Client must procure that the Participant complies with this paragraph
1. Participants are responsible for ensuring sufficient time for visa applications to avoid being subject to the Transfer and Cancellation policy.
2. Participants must apply for a Visa that is required by the Hosting Country for the specific purpose of the visit. All queries relating to the visa application should be directed to the local Embassy of the Hosting Country.
3. Once a Participant has accepted these Terms and Conditions and the Admission Fee and ABC BootCamps program Fee were paid, they may request a formal Invitation Letter from ALGEBRA in support of their visa application. This letter will not be amended from ALGEBRA’s standard template.
4. Participants must comply with all Hosting Country entry and visa requirements.
5. The Client must procure that the Participant complies with this article.
22. Final provision
1. These Terms and Conditions were adopted by the Directors of the ALGEBRA, on the 1st of March 2022.
2. These Terms and Conditions apply to all Clients and Participants and to all ABC BootCamps programs that are carried out by ALGEBRA.